Persevering together in truth, love and authority as we homeschool our children.
WELCOME TO VERITAS!
2018 FALL Registration is Closed
Spring semester registration begins in December.
New to HomeschoolAre you wondering where to start?
New to Co-opIs this your first time checking into a homeschool co-op?
2018 Fall Classes
Veritas’ 2018 Fall Class Schedule & Descriptions
Serving together with love & encouragement
Veritas was formed with abundant prayer and wise counsel. We believe we are here because God wants you, his Saints to persevere as you raise and educate your children in the admonition of the Lord. Veritas is a Christ-centered homeschool community meeting on Wednesdays in the Riverside area each school year with a desire to yield an environment where the hearts and minds of the children will discover their talents and grow to love learning while building strength of character. Our goal is to offer exceptional core and enrichment classes to meet the needs of home-schooling families. We desire to encourage and strengthen families and children by providing this time of service. We co-labor with each other and God to achieve excellence by serving each other through our strengths and weaknesses.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in six literal days of creation as explained in Genesis.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe the human race was created as male and female by a direct act of God to fully reveal His image.
- We believe marriage is a sacred covenantal union between a man and a woman that limits sexual relations to monogamous, heterosexual marriage. (Genesis 2:24)
- We believe that the solemnizing of a marriage between men and women of the same sex is contrary to the Word of God and is a sin before God. (Romans 1:21-27)
Statement of FaithRegistering families must agree with our Statement of Faith and agree to follow the Policies established by the Board of Leaders.
Mandi Jackson, Director
Lisa Garner, Director
Susie Smith Elementary & Enrichment Coordinator
Welcome to Veritas Christian Co-op. I’m so glad you found us! My name is Susie and I am a homeschooling mother to three children. My husband and I have been teaching our children since Kindergarten. This is not a journey I ever expected to take, but it’s one that God led us to. I have a degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Law & Society from Santa Clara University; and my background was in trial consulting and local government. However, when my oldest turned 5 years old and we were looking into schools, it became apparent why God put homeschooling families in our path the previous few years.
I have been teaching at Veritas since 2016. I’m glad we found Veritas, as it has been a source of academic and social enrichment for my children and myself. It is a safe place for my children to learn and grow. And it’s a place I enjoy teaching. Teaching is something I considered early on – I tutored elementary and alternative education high school students throughout college – but it’s not something I ended up pursuing. Homeschooling and Veritas have fulfilled that desire to teach in a safe and God-centered environment. And Veritas has provided a network of parents who have offered support and guidance along the journey.
I am a part of the Veritas team and I am happy to serve the homeschool community by teaching the wonderful language of Spanish! I am also a veteran homeschooler of four amazing adult children and wife to an awesome Cuban husband.
I have homeschooled for over 18 years and taught Spanish for over 10 years. My first language is Spanish, being the first born of immigrant parents that came to the US from Mexico without knowing any English. My husband has pastored a Spanish congregation for 10 years and we continue to minister to the Hispanic community.
Homeschooling was a natural fit for our busy lives and we have enjoyed the journey with all its ups and downs. Co-ops have always been a part of our homeschooling life and coming to Veritas three years ago has been an absolute blessing. Not only do my children get their academic needs fulfilled but, they are around some wholesome students and their families. I enjoy the friendships that have developed as a Christian woman and homeschooler.
Diana Maruari, Spanish Classes Coordinator
We meet at the same location as Bridges Fellowship Church and Evangelical Foremosan Church.